The commendations implies the execution by officers of certain duties or services in the National Guard and is expressed by a corresponding medal, interference and diploma. The categories of commendations, in order of value, are of the:
• Chief of the Army.
• Leadership of a military Formation or of the Navy Command or of the Air Forces Command.
• Efficient Commanding.
• Long time Officers' Services.
• Service as Staff Officer.
• Service at General Staff.
• Service to the National Guard (awarded to military personnel of foreign countries).
• Participation in Peacekeeping or Humanitarian Missions.